How to install TWRP Recovery on Android
TWRP also was known as the Team Win Recovery Project is a useful tool for every android user that loves to modify their device. Team Win Recovery project has been around since 1996 and has been providing Android developers with all kinds of great tools. If you’re trying to get TWRP Recovery on your device this guide should help you with that.We’ll also go over all of the basic functions of this recovery and what they can be used for.
Let’s begin by downloading the TWRP Recovery for your device. You can find a list of devices that are currently supported by the following button.
Now we will go teach you a couple of easy different methods that you can use to install the recovery. Before we get started, go ahead and enable USB Debugging on your Android device. To enable USB debugging : Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging
Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC
To get everything setup correctly and properly, you can use this very simple tool to install ADB Drivers on your PC. This tool is created by XDA member Snoop05. Download and install ADB Drivers before moving to next step.
- Run it as Administrator.
- Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot
- Press Y/Yes to install ADB full system
- Press Y/Yes to install Drivers
- Continue Driver installation
- Allow 15 – 20 seconds to finish the installation.
Download ADB Drivers for TWRP
Install VIA TWRP Manager
Thia is a root application that will allow you to install your recovery. If your device is compatible with this easy option, then it should be the fastest way to install recovery.
Download TWRP Manager
Install TWRP Recovery via ADB
- Open the folder where your TWRP Recovery.img file is downloaded & saved.
- Open a CMD window inside that folder. To do that, Shift + Right click on any empty white area inside the folder and then select Open command window here.
- Connect your Android smart device to the PC. Type the following into the command line in the window to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode: adb reboot bootloader If you ask for permission to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.
- Once your device boots into bootloader mode, type this into the command line. fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.1.img
- Once recovery is successfully installed on your device, type this final command line to reboot your Android device. fastboot reboot
TWRP Recovery Basic Functions
Perform full system backups of your current ROM
Restoring an Existing Backup
Perform full system restore from your NANDroid Backup of your ROM
Flash ZIP Files
If you’re installing modifications, flashing Google apps, or flashing a ROM, you’ll need this option to flash ZIP files via your recovery.
If you get stuck and you’re not able to boot into the Android you can try to boot into recovery and perform a factory reset.
When you’re flashing zip files your system can forget which permissions were granted to apps. Fixing permissions will set everything back to normal.
- Do I have to Root my device? Yes, You have to root your device before installing this recovery.
- Can I take backups from this recovery? Yes, you can perform full system backups with this recovery.
- Is it free? Yes TWRP Recovery is a freeware and you can donate developers for their hard work.
- Is my device Supported? Yes, Almost all android devices support this Recovery, You must check this before begin.
- How do I uninstall this recovery? You have to flash your stock ROM to reverse changes.
TWRP is created by Team Win and we are only spreading the word around. We did not take any responsibility if your device is harmed by performing above actions